Saturday, September 24, 2011

Final Research into the O'Neill's of Puerto Rico


                           I started the research on the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico, a few years ago then obtained a y-dna test with allot of skeptics and zealots dismissing my y-dna, since it was not that of the mythological Niall of the Nine Hostages the y –dna / SNP “Flavor of the month” at the time. Until I’ve found records with hardly any help of anyone at the start showing that the O’Neill’s of the Fews and others O’Neill’s lived on the island of Puerto Rico and throughout the Caribbean, a shock to the “So Called” American Irish and Irish O’Neill genealogy experts. In their mind the Caribbean was always the place were Cromwell sent Irish slaves, total ignorance, since the O’Neill’s “Counts of Tyrone” lived on Martinique in the Caribbean for over 200 years, and that O’Neill’s of the Fews lived in St. Croix. The Caribbean has always been neglected and this has to also with many looking at Europe and totally ignoring the Caribbean a region where the O’Neill’s and countless Irish mercenaries made their fortunes and fought for their new Catholic countries. Then you must add the racist ignorant people in to the equation that have in their mind what an O’Neill should look like. I find it all very amusing, and can careless for their views I’m of a Latin Culture and our ancestors have been for over 300 years.
                           I have to say the biggest shame is that to this date! And it’s not the mess of the O’Neill DNA Project, or the Chichesters O’Neill’s, but that I have yet to see any of the O’Neill Chiefs from Spain, France, and Portugal.Submit a y-dna sample, and frankly that’s cowardly, in my opinion. If they had nothing to hide they will come forward with a y-dna test and I’m talking about the Clannaboy and O’Neill’s of the Fews, also the hype of the O’Neill’s en France. If you’re an O’Neill who takes pride of your ancestry, and descendant from a long blood line then take your y-dna and show the world. I have come forward with my sample and to this date there are no matches with any other surname in any database, and this shows us the descendants of Don Juan O’Neill to be the last of our kind. I challenge anyone to find an origin for our Haplotype within the currently tested L48 SNP. Again, I came forward with a y-dna sample, since I have no fear or nothing to hide. It’s a sad shame that one of the greatest clans in Ireland and those that claim to be the descendants from the Royal Houses of O’Neill’s are too cowardly to take a simple y-dna test. When it comes to research into the O’Neill’s the Clannaboy and the Seville O’Neill’s of the Fews are just become insignificant and irrelevant. It’s time that y-dna samples are obtained from ancient O’Neill grave sites, and have everyone know that truth about the O’Neill origins.

                          Now, I can count on my hand the total of O’Neill’s in Puerto Rico that have helped me and that is a total of 5 people from Puerto Rico have given some help, and only two have come forward with y-dna samples that am very grateful for, since it has helped find out that not of the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico are related, and also one y-dna sample combined with mine has helped us all define the y-dna of the descendants of Don Juan O’Neill in Puerto Rico. It has also helped us write our history and find our origins. I’ve opened the door for us O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico to have our story and origins known, and unlike others in Puerto Rico I do care to show later generations of O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico their origins and history based on y-dna ,genealogy, and unfolding the oral history . To those who care about our origins can always contact me and those who don’t care I can careless for them, if they are related or not. There are still a few mysteries left to be unsolved, and in due time with my hard work they will be solved. Then maybe finally the origins of two different O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico can be found.

                         Once I finally get new final SNP test for the L48, and find the true origins of Constantino O’Neill and Don Juan O’Neill, and a few facts on the oral histories. I will be done with all research on the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico.The other countless O’Neill’s on the island I can’t say nothing for, since they have, yet to produce any facts about their origins. Once in a blue I get a message from a O’Neill of Puerto Rico and then they never respond somehow they believe they have the same relation, or are the same has all other O’Neill’s in Puerto Rico, but that is not the case there were many other O’Neill’s in Puerto Rico from various parts etc. Only a y-dna can prove this, but like I said once I find the true origins of Constantino O’Neill and Don Juan O’Neill I’m done with all research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment