Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What has been accomplished so far? By M.O’Neill




I have taken most of my free time doing research on the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico, unlike any other O’Neill in Puerto Rico, since the arrival of Don Juan O’Neill in Puerto Rico. Due to the lack of interest by many O’Neill’s on the island of Puerto Rico it makes it nearly impossible to find any clues, or further the research, since at this moment, sadly, I have to say that only 2 others outside myself have been brave, or show great interest to know their origins that they have taken a y-dna test. Mainly what many of the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico have been doing is just assuming that they are all related. If it was not for the kindness of a female O’Neill who had her brother y-dna tested I would have never developed a haplotype that show that the descendants of Don Juan O’Neill all share common mutations in their haplotype. And if it wasn’t for the interest, of another O’Neill, for his origins we would have not found the SNP J2 among one family that this may shed light into the various oral history of other O’Neill’s and their origins.Again it’s very easy just to sit back and let others do the work, and research, and not participate or not care at all.


Example: A few years ago I was given limited genealogical information by an O’Neill of Puerto Rico, and then when I ask him to take a y-dna test, he no longer emailed me back. I had another email me once about his descendants from Fajardo, and when I asked him to obtain a y-dna test never emailed again this is very common.

                                                               This is why I don’t care, for those, who are just wasting their time and are not serious about finding their origins. Don’t waste my time or yours it’s that simple! For starters there is no money, inheritance, nor any titles, there seem to be a few out there that believe this stupidity for whatever greed they may hold. I have never made a dime or a U.S. Dollar on this research, but have spent over $1,000.00 USD in research not to say the time and effort. Nor will I make or expect any money, but to find the true origins of the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico. So, I don’t understand why anyone won’t spend $150.00 USD to take a y-dna test?  That doesn’t involve blood, but a swab that takes a sample of your saliva.





                                                              I suspect the majority of the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico will all be of the SNP L48, until further test are done, I will be taking a new Deep SNP test, and likely the SNP will change to one, of the new subclades of the U106 and L48 SNP, since new SNP’s are being discovered has I write this. Looking at the mutations of the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico Haplotype the descendants of Don Juan O’Neill, and my theory of the DYS YCA II b = 21 very likely the results will be positive for the L44 SNP .










                                                            The descendants of Don Juan O’Neill are the majority among the population of the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico, although there are other O’Neill’s throughout the island of Puerto Rico in the municipalities of Aguadilla, Ponce, Mayaguez, and Fajardo. Also it must be stated that all the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico are not related there was I estimate around 4 different O’Neill’s emigrations on the island. Barring any non-paternal events I estimate that the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico will be up to 90% of the SNP L48. I estimate the population of the descendants of Don Juan O’Neill is around 80 to 100 O’Neill males, and around a total of 40 plus of other O’Neill’s on the island that their origins are not known. The majority of the O’Neill’s are based on the municipality of Guaynabo these mainly being the descendants of Don Juan O’Neill. Then there are other O’Neill’s through various areas of Puerto Rico, and it’s not known, if they are related due to the lack of interest from the majority of them.








What has been accomplished?

1.      The y-dna haplotype of the descendants of Don Juan O’Neill is shown to be unique and his descendants among the last of his kind.
2.      The O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico have no common ancestor with any of the O’Neill’s in Ireland, Australia, and the United States at the moment.
3.      I have compiled a genealogy of many of the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico families.
4.      I have created a WEB Page for the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico, to show the world our origins and share information.
5.      I have created a blog for the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico.
6.      I started the Caribbean Y-DNA project to help others in the Caribbean find their origins and possibly find other O’Neill’s in the Caribbean, because before I started the project the y-dna of those in the Caribbean has been neglected.
7.      Thanks to the help of an O’Neill female, and she knows who she is, I finally created a Haplotype and found the genetic link between one the branches of the descendants of Don Juan O’Neill.
8.      Thanks to an O’Neill for his interest of his origins I found out that not all of the O’Neill’s in Puerto Rico have the same male common ancestor.
9.      Thanks to another O’Neill a direct descendant of Don Juan O’Neill via Don Hipolito O’Neill we have documents of the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico and clues to their blood ties and business dealings.
10.  Thanks to another O’Neill who gave me genealogical info on seconds cousins.


What is needed to be done by many of the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico, and What I will do?

1.      The male descendants of Don Hipolito O’Neill must obtain a y-dna test to establish a genetic with a paper trail the connection with Don Juan O’Neill.
2.      Begin a database with all the paper trails of those O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico. Something I have somewhat have done by showing the relations of many of the O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico with their genealogy.
3.      Once more O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico get y-dna tested I will create an O’Neill’s of Puerto Rico Y-DNA Project.
4.      Have more O’Neill’s throughout the island to obtain a y-dna test, because this will show either a difference between, or a common ancestor for many of the O’Neill’s on the island.
5.      Find the origins of Don Constantino O’Neill, Don Juan O’Neill, and Dona Rosa.

2 comments:

  1. Misael:

    This is a great Blog, thank you for all the time and your efforts to get this going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I will continue the best I can and update the website...

    ReplyDelete